Long gone are the days when garages simply stored automobiles. Today, garages carry out a wide variety of purposes. Whether your garage is used as a storage space, an area for weekend projects, or a place to entertain, it is probably utilized as the main access to your home. For this reason, along with technological advances, garage door openers have improved to meet new requirements.
The LiftMaster® Elite Series® Model 8500 Wall Mount Garage Door Opener is one of the latest innovations in the garage door industry. Its features as listed on LiftMaster’s website include:
- Easy wall-mount installation means no rails to hang
- Powerful 24V DC motor provides ultra-quiet operation, along with variable speed smooth start and smooth stop
- Auto-force feature constantly monitors garage door system and adjusts forces to temperature fluctuations, floor height, and door track movement
- The Protector System® safety sensors project an invisible light beam across the garage door opening and automatically reverse the door if anything interrupts the beam while the door is going down
- Security+ 2.0™ rolling code technology assures a new code is sent every time the remote control is used
But perhaps its most impressive feature is the built-in MyQ® technology. When paired with the LiftMaster® Internet Gateway, it allows you to operate your garage door and home lights via smartphone or computer from anywhere in the world! It is amazing how convenient this can be in our hectic lifestyles. If you forget to close the garage door when you leave th house in the morning, it is now possible to close it when you get to the office. When children forget keys and are locked out after school, they may be given access anytime. Postal deliveries can be safely left inside the garage even when you are not home.
The reviews are in and this new and improved home appliance has proven to be as impressive as it claims to be. Another feature often mentioned is the quietness of operation with customer reviews saying “you almost don’t hear it.” As with any new purchase, it is wise to do ia little research.Try downloading the installation manual to be sure you have all of the requirements before buying.